The Accommodation & Destinations Sector (A&D) is a global provider of travel services.
It has over 10,000 employees selling products and services in more than 150 countries. It competes in fast-growing areas of the travel industry through two business lines:
- Online Accommodation includng Accommodation Wholesaler and Accommodation Online Travel Agent (OTA) businesses
- Inbound Services including a global network of Destination Management Companies (DMCs), a global cruise handling specialist and a meetings and events specialist.
These businesses provide travel services to tour operators, travel agents, corporate clients and direct to the consumer worldwide. Its brands include Hotelbeds, LateRooms, Worldcome and Intercruises.
Online accommodation remains the fastest growing segment of the travel market due to the trends towards online bookings coupled with the strong demand from emerging markets. A&D has a leadership position in this market segment.
Its Accommodation Wholesaler business (Hotelbeds and Bedsonline) supplies hotels online to the leisure travel industry. It continues to be the global market leader in the B2B space and is expanding in fast growing and emerging markets of the Middle East, Asia Pacific, Americas and Africa.
Its Accommodation OTA business sells accommodation direct to the end consumer and is positioned strongly through the brands LateRooms.com in the UK, AsiaRooms.com in Asia Pacific and MalaPronta.com in Brazil.
Online accommodation highlights:
- Experts in technology and online travel
- Products and services sold in more than 150 countries
- Expanding presence in fast growing and emerging economies, including Middle East, Asia Pacific, Americas and Africa
- Online accommodation brands selling over 25 million roomnights per year
- Market-leading brand positions:
- Hotelbeds is the global accommodation provider for the travel industry with an online database of over 60,000 hotels
- LateRooms.com is one of the UK´s leading online accommodation sites
A&D has a very strong presence and brand proposition in destinations, providing travel services worldwide to the travel industry and direct to the consumer.
It has a global DMC network that operates through the brands Worldcome, Destination Services and World of TUI, providing transfers, excursions and tours. These business combined are the largest DMC network in the industry and look after 13 million customers in 51 countries each year.
This business unit also includes the Specialist business: Intercruises, a market leader providing first class ground handling and port agency services to the ocean and river cruise industry and Pacific World, a meetings and events specialist, which has a leading position in Asia.
Inbound Services highlights:
- Over 10,000 destination and service delivery experts
- The largest global network of DMCs with a presence in 51 countries
- 13 million customers looked after in destinations each year
- An international cruise handling business (Intercruises) servicing over 300 ports and making over 10,000 port calls each year
- A meetings & events specialist (Pacific World) with a leading position in Asia
Our international teams pride themselves in making travel experiences special for customers from the point of sale to servicing them in destinations. Our colleagues provide travel services direct to the consumer and work with the travel providers such as airlines, operators and agents supplying all the essentials that make customers' holidays a special experience in destinations.